Monday, April 28, 2014

My Pitifully Tiny Blush Collection


Blush...something that until a year a go I had never gotten anywhere near my face.  The reason I started wearing makeup is because I inherited some of my mom's rosacea and my face is naturally very red.  I go a day without foundation and I get asked if I'm sick because my nose is red or if I've been crying because my cheeks are red.  Its awesome. No. No it isn't.  So as you can imagine putting more red on my face after working so hard to cover it all up seemed like insanity to me.  Well, after becoming a Mary Kay consultant I got a bunch of free makeup for buying inventory and all that and one of the products I got was a blush.  Well lo and behold it was so subtle and peachy and fresh that I actually like the way it looked on my face.  I still do not wear blush very often but I am trying really hard to remember to try and work it into my makeup routine.  I hope you enjoy the swatches from my minuscule blush collection.

Mary Kay Shy Blush

This blush is the one mentioned above, the very first blush that I felt didn't make me cool like a clown.  It is very soft and sheer.  It has a shimmer to it when swatched but it isn't very noticeable on the cheeks. I would definitely wear this year round.


Where to buy: Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
 (Knee@Marykay.com)
Price: $12

Mary Kay Blush Bold Berry

This is definitely my all time favorite blush.  It is just so freaking pretty.  While Mary Kay recommends it for darker skin tones I think when applied lightly can look amazing on light skin too. Its a pretty raspberry pink color and I often use it as an eye shadow as well.  Perhaps I should try it on my lips someday!

Where to buy: Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
 (Knee@Marykay.com)
Price: $12

City Color Be Matte Blush Fresh Melon

This blush I got in an Ipsy bag and I am definitely a fan.  It has a nice matte finish and I can see myself wearing this a lot as the temperature continues to rise.  I don't think I would wear this in winter.

Where to buy: Citycolorbeauty.com
Price: $2.99

Be a Bombshell Girl Crush

I also received this blush in an Ipsy bag.  It is an all in one stick so it can also be used as a lipstick or eye shadow.  I havn't tried it as an eye shadow but it is horrid as a lipstick, at least with my complexion.  Otherwise, it is an okay blush.   You can't tell from the pictures but it is super sparkly and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It is really easy to apply and would be a nice soft versatile pink if not for the sparkle.

Price: $16
Holy crap I had no idea this was a $16 product. I like the City Color blush a lot more and its only $3....

Lorac Blush Soul

This blush was given to me by my mother.  She said the color didn't work for her so she told me to try it out.  At first glance I thought I'd hate it.  It looks brownish orangeish in the pan and even when swatched.  However when it is actually on it looks much more pink and actually makes a really nice natural looking blush.  It blends easily and you need only a bit of product to get a nice natural look. Also my skin looks freaking airbrushed in this picture.  What did I even do o.0

Where to buy: Lorac, Beauty.com
Price: $20

Nars Blush Orgasm

And last but certainly not least the super popular Nars Orgasm.  My mom gave this to me as well because it was too sparkly for her.  I'm pretty sure this was one of my first ever blushes.  Its nice but like my mom said pretty darn sparkly.  After using City Color's matte blush I'm having trouble wearing these sparkly things on my face. Oh well, the color is pretty so I'll keep using it.

Where to buy: Sephora, Nordstrom
Price: $30

I hope you enjoyed my super small blush collection! I don't see myself ever buying blush in the future but if I ever get some from a beauty box or my makeup obsessed mother I'll be sure to swatch them for you!

<3__)~


No comments:

Post a Comment