Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Average Makeup Morning

WARNING! This post is huge! I decided to document and share my normal every day makeup routine! Enjoy!


Before we even start here is a before and after for initial comparison.  I was wearing a purple and pink themed outfit so I decided to make my eye shadow match.


Here is my no makeup face right after skincare! I kinda wish I would have done my hair before doing this instead of after.


First I apply Skin 79 BB Cream in VIP Gold all over my face.  I use this in place of a primer. It evens out my skin a bit and provides me with extra sunscreen because you can never get enough sunscreen. I buy mine on ebay for about $14.


Then I follow up with Revlon's Whipped Foundation in Ivory.  I apply it with Real Techniques Stippling Brush which I just learned how to properly use...I had no idea you were supposed to pat instead of swirl....


Then I threw on some UD Primer Potion and for this look I followed up with Urban Decay's eye shadow in Woodstock.  I applied this with Real Techniques eye shadow brush.


Then in my crease I applied Mary Kay's Mineral eye shadow in Sweet Plum.  I used Real Techniques crease brush. I apologize for my chipped nail polish.


I finished up my shadow using Shiro Cosmetic's Not Very Effective on the outer corner and lower lash line.  I pressed the loose shadow myself which is why its in a pan. I applied it using a Stila eye shadow brush.


Let's ignore the fact that I look drunk in this picture and focus on the Mary Kay eye shadow in White Lily that I used as a subtle matte highlight.  I apply my highlights with my finger, I'm not sure why.  Probably because I'm too lazy to dirty another brush.


Then I did a thin line of Ulta Gel Liner in Smoke using Real Technique's small liner brush.


After eye shadow I always finish with a powder foundation.  I used Mary Kay's Mineral Foundation in Ivory 1 and applied it with their powder foundation brush. I also applied Mary Kay's Lip Primer during this step which is why my lips suddenly became eerily white.


Then I slapped on some Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara.


Next I applied Revlon's Balm Stain in Honey.  I use this a lot because its basically my only nude lipstick. 


And as part of my wear more blush initiative I used Be a Bombshell's all purpose blush stick thing in Girl Crush.


And we are done, yay!


Hooray for my stupid winky face!
I hope you enjoyed my first ever get ready with me picture progression!

No comments:

Post a Comment