Saturday, April 5, 2014

1920s Makeup Attempt


Today I followed a 1920s makeup tutorial I found on youtube that I will link at the end of this post.  I'm the vice president of my college's swing dance club and in April we are having a 1920s themed charity swing dance.  Here is my first attempt following the tutorial. I think perhaps I could have made my eyes darker but I'm always so nervous about doing my eye shadow too dark and looking like a raccoon.  




On my eyes I smudged out Urban Decay's 24/7 eye liner in Zero on my top and bottom lash line then put Mary Kay's Polished Stone all over my lid and crease and finished by patting Mary Kay's Black Pearl onto my lid.


On my lips is MAC Rebel. Drawing inside my natural lip line at the edges was really awkward and will definitely take some practice.




Here is a picture of all the products I used!
And the tutorial video can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment