Saturday, April 12, 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars in Strumpet and Hoochie

It seems with lip tars people either love them or hate them.  I read so many reviews when I was looking into buying Hoochie.  Some said they are wonderful and last all day others say they are a pain to apply, bleed, and get everywhere.  Eventually I decided to pick up two sample vials from Retro Wombat's Beauty store.  That way I could have both of the colors I was eyeing for only $10! If I hated them then so what at least I didn't spend $18 a tube.  Long story short I ended up loving them.  For me they apply easily with a lip brush and last a good many hours without drying out my lips too bad.  Overall, Strumpet seems to have better longevity than Hoochie.

OCC Lip Tar Strumpet

Strumpet is a very pretty raspberry color.  You can pack it on for a bold lip or only apply a tiny bit for a more muted berry color.


OCC Lip Tar Hooche

Same for Hoochie it can be applied lightly to make it more wearable or heavy for a more crazy purple look.

Put them together and what have you got?


Magenta!


Oh my god guys.  Look at this. LOOK AT THIS.  When I mixed them together I got better longevity than when I wear them alone.  I put it on at 9:30am then I drank coffee, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, went to class for two hours, ate lunch, went to my internship for 5 hours, and ate dinner.  It looked near perfect from far away.  Up close you can definitely tell it is fading but holy crap.  I've never had a lip product last this long!

Sample Vials
Where to buy: Retro Wombat Beauty Store (they are currently on hiatus)
Price: $5

Full Tube
Where to buy: Sephora or Occmakeup.com
Price: $18



<3__)~

No comments:

Post a Comment