Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ulta Haul: NYX Gel Liner, Smashbox Arced Liner Brush, and a Riviera Flower Headband


I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but I live no where near an Ulta, Sephora, or anything like that so getting to go to an actual store is like incredible for me! Well when I was visiting my boyfriend I went to Ulta with his mom and used a 20% off coupon to pick up a few necessary items.


Sorry for the filter but as soon as I got home I snapped a picture of my haul and posted it to Instagram.


So far I'm liking this gel liner.  It is easy to use and goes on very dark and bold.  I've used it with and without an eye primer and honestly I think it holds up fairly well without.  There is definitely more smudging but it definitely won't result in tragedy if you forget to throws some on before using this liner. When I put it on my hand, let it dry, and rubbed it didn't smudge one bit! Here are two examples using this liner, one with a thicker wing and one a thinner wing.  So far I'm pleased with this liner and I really hope it doesn't dry out as fast as my Maybelline one.

Where to buy: Ulta, Superstore, Drugstore
Price: $8.99


I really needed a new liner brush to do some wings with.  I've always wanted to try the angled liner brushes and an Ulta employee recommended Smashbox's Arced Liner Brush #21.  So far I'm definitely a fan.  It makes the initial lining soooo easy.  Its also nice for winged liner as the tip is fairly small.  Above you can see some lines I did using this brush and the NYX Gel liner.

Where to buy: Ulta, Sephora, Smashbox.com
Price $20


I bought this headband because I needed some sort of flapper-esque headgear for my club's roaring 20s swing dance charity social, I'm hoping to attach a feather to it.  Anyway, not wanting to spend $10 on something I'll only wear once I found this cute way to wear it under my hair so it basically looks like I've pinned a flower to my head. Its cute and I really like it, however it is incredibly tight and I can't wear it for an entire day without getting a headache. Does this mean I have a big head?? :(

<3__)~

No comments:

Post a Comment