Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Colorsmash Hair Shadow in Rags to Riches and Je Ne Sais Quoi

I love crazy hair  colors.  I want more than anything to be able to dye my hair purple but alas this is the real world and I want to go into science.  Back when my mom subscribed to the Beauty Army box we got these two cute hair shadow samples by Colorsmash.  Unfortunately we unsubscribed from the box soon after because this was basically the best thing we ever got from it.  


I first got it in Je Ne Sais Quoi (what does this mean?!) a hot pink and then a month later got Rags to Riches a bright purple. For samples these things are pretty huge.


You take the pan and smash it against your hair then drag it across to create pigment.  One sweep is usually fine for the purple but I have to do two for the pink. This picture was so hard to take...


Here they are in natural light.  They tend to look sort of chalky unfortunately.


The Good: They add a super cute and intense pop of color even on naturally dark hair. They are very easy to use and stay in fairly well.
The Bad: That is as long as you don't touch your hair.  On the right is the color after ruffling up my hair a bit, which I tend to do all the time.  I need to be very careful about touching my hair when I wear this or else I accidentally fluff it all out.  It also gets all over your fingers.
All in all I would not buy the full size when these run out.  I'm still looking for a good temporary hair color.  I've been hearing promising things about L'oreal's new hair chalk. I'll probably give that a try next!

Where to buy: Beautyarmy.com, Amazon
Price: $15

<3__)~


No comments:

Post a Comment