Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory 1

I've been a Bare Minerals girl all my life but once I hit college my mom stopped buying my foundation and I just could not keep affording it. Therefore I decided to switch to Mary Kay's mineral foundation.  While I do not believe that it adds as much coverage as Bareminerals does I still like it for what I use it for.  I do not just wear powder, instead I usually do BB cream and then powder or if I want extra coverage I slip a liquid foundation in there.  I primary use it to add a bit of extra coverage, even out my skin tone, and provide a matte finish.  If you are looking for a mineral foundation with heavy coverage this is not for you, but if you use it as a finishing touch and want an affordable alternative to Bareminerals this might be your solution. For anyone interested I used to use Baremineral's Matte Mineral Foundation in Fair.


I have it in Ivory 1. There is a lighter shade available in Ivory .5 and there are a total of 12 shades to choose from.


It has a sealable sifter top so that the powder doesn't get everywhere while traveling.


I dispense the powder into the lid and then apply it with a brush from there. 



Here is my cheek with no powder applied.


And here is my cheek with powder.  As you can see it reduces my reddness as well as evens out and softens my skin.



All over matte amazingness.  On my lips I'm wearing a Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya.

Where to buy: Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
Price: $18


No comments:

Post a Comment