Friday, March 21, 2014

Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Kiss and Tell Set plus Lead the Way


It finally came! Every thing has been pretty crappy lately so getting this in the mail made life a little better.  I actually bought a Marvelous Moxie lipstick last summer and hated it but after receiving Get Ready in my March Ipsy bag I decided to give this lipstick line another chance.  I'm glad I did!


Here is the packaging.  I also got a mini Lash Domination for free!


Here are all the colors that come in the $14 set:  Be Bold, Go All Out, Get Ready, Break Away, and Speak your Mind.


Here they are uncapped....so pretty.

BareMinerals Be Bold

Be Bold with this very deep red.  While the color is nice it unfortunately suffers from the same problem that made me hate these lipsticks a year ago.  The formula just does not work with dark colors.  It is so creamy that they are very difficult to apply and slide around way too much on the lips.  I prefer my dark colors to have a stiffer consistency so that I don't have to worry about them bleeding everywhere and fading unevenly.

BareMinerals Go All Out

Go All Out with this AMAZING color.  I'm all about a good hot pink and the formula makes this feel so nice on my lips, I just love it.  Not to mention I think it works well with my skin tone.  I will definitely be wearing this a lot.

BareMinerals Get Ready

Get Ready because this is the color that convinced me to give BareMinerals another shot!  I got this in my March ipsy bag and fell in love with how the formula I hated on the dark lipstick worked so amazingly with a lighter color. This is a pretty rosey pink color.  I'd call it a nude but my mom told me its more of a statement lipstick.  I guess it depends on what you are used to wearing haha.

BareMinerals Break Away

Break Away from boring lipstick colors!...oh wait, never mind.  This is definitely my least favorite of the bunch.  Not because there is anything inherently wrong with it, I'm just not a fan of the color.  Its like a light rosey brown. I guess I'll find a time and place to wear it but overall, meh.

BareMinerals Speak your Mind

Speak your Mind about how freaking awesome this color is!  Part of the reason I bought this set was to hopefully find a nude I like.  I own like...3 nude colors? Yeah its pretty bad.  I'm so so so so happy about this color.  When I first put it on I was like eew so light and gross but the more I looked at myself the more it grew on me.  I'm used to wearing super bright or vampy colors, I really need to get used to nudes and hopefully this lipstick will help me.

BareMinerals Lead the Way

Lead the Way to a color that has caused me way too much grief. This lipstick did not  come with the set but is instead a full size that I bought last summer.  When it arrived it was all melted and would not solidify no matter what I did.  I was sent a replacement and it had a similar problem but luckily not as bad so it was usable. DO NOT ORDER THIS LIPSTICK UNLESS ITS WINTER. Anyway the creamy formula makes it sooo hard to apply but its a pretty color  so I've been dealing with it.


Here is a size comparison between a full size Moxie and the mini size.


Here are all my BareMinerals lipsticks swatched side by side.  How cute.



Oh yes and the free mini mascara that came with my order how could I forget?  The brush is terrifying! It's all twisty and thick.  However I was pleasantly surprised by the mascara, I really liked it.  It didn't clump, it went on easily, and really did a good job with length and volume. I'll definitely be using this every day until its gone and I may even buy the full size.

Where to buy: BareEssentuals.com, Ulta, Nordstrom, Sephora
Price: Kiss and Tell $14, Lead the Way $18, Lash Domination $18


I hope you enjoyed my BareMinerals haul as much as I did! :)

<3__)~







No comments:

Post a Comment