Monday, May 18, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag May 2015

You may have noticed that I did not review my April glam bag...well there are a few reasons for that.  One, I didn't get my hands on it until May 2nd.  Two, the lipstick it came with was broken and needed to be replaced.  Three, there was only one product that I really loved which I will be reviewing in a nail polish post shortly.

May on the other hand I was pretty excited for....also my bag came a week earlier than usual!! Yay! Usually my mom gets hers and then mine comes in the mail over a week later...to the same house! What? This time, for the first time, they both came on the same day which makes much more sense.


First of all the bag this month is freaking adorable.  There were three possible graphics available and I got the one I like the most.  Lipstick is life.  I showed it to my boyfriend and he said it was the most accurate bag ever. :P
Anyway, overall I liked this bag, it has some of everything...color, tools, hair, skincare, primer....just wow everything is different! I was quite pleased.

1. Briogeo Rosarco Milk™ Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray

"This ultra lightweight leave-in conditioning spray fortifies your hair with nourishing rosehip, argan, and coconut oils. Its silicone-free formula adds hydration & moisture without weighing hair down.

Multi-benefits: hydrates, reduces frizz, enhances manageability, strengthens hair, protects against UV rays & heat, and nourishes hair."

I was really looking forward to a leave in conditioning spray as I generally don't condition every time I shower because of my short hair.

4/5




I'm going to list the bad first with this one.  I was really expecting it to leave my hair a bit softer than it did.  It didn't really add any softness whatsoever which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Luckily for this spray however besides its meh smell, that's its only big negative.  Otherwise it definitely conditions and gets rid of tangles (at least for me and my short barely tangly hair). I was actually going to give this a 3/5 until I saw that it protects against UV rays.  That automatically increases it by a point for me. I can see this being a poolside staple. 

Where to buy: Briogeohair.com, Sephora
Price: $20 ($4)


2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss

"Get primed and ready for action. Urban Decay's long-lasting, waterproof liner glides on smoothly to prime AND define—for long-lasting lip color and clean lines. Smooch. Pout. Smack. Nibble. Lick. 24/7 stays put through everything (yes, EVERYTHING) you do. When you use this liner to fill in your lips completely, it primes them for lipstick or gloss, grabbing on to color to help it last.
Next, finish the bad girl beautiful look with a sample of Urban Decay's brand new Revolution High-Color Lipgloss—insanely intense color with high shine. The high-coverage, ultra-pigmented formula lays down all the color you crave in one coat."

This was a pretty neat sample! It included a mini Ozone lip primer and two samples of their new lip gloss! If only the packaging wasn't really inconvenient.

4/5


Here is the packing.  The lip liner was in the center and the two colors were in the envelope. It included Ozone the lip liner and Failbait and Bittersweet the lip gloss.

First I'm going to talk about the lip liner


I was actually thinking about buying this last year but I opted for Mary Kay's clear lip liner instead as it was much cheaper.  I do really like this however and am really glad to get it as a sample.  It isn't actually clear, it leaves behind a slight sheer matte white when swatched.  It is subtle but definitely there.  I love clear liners because they can go under any sort of lip product.  They are especially nice for lip glosses as sometimes you don't want to alter the color of the gloss alone by putting a colored liner underneath.  the neatest thing about this liner is that it instantly matted my lips!  They were shiny and then I applied this and bam. Matte. That's pretty awesome.  The bad thing about this is that the cap was insanely hard to get off....I pulled and tugged and fought with it for a while.  If you look closely you can see the pencils battle scars.  Fortunately I was the victor. 

Next up are the lip gloss samples.


Here is a close up of the lip gloss packaging featuring Bittersweet.  They are just kind of packed into a sealed container.  Once you pull the back off there is no way to reseal it which is really unfortunate as there is a TON of product in here! You don't need a lot of this gloss to get pigment so there is probably a good week or two worth of gloss in one of these!  For the time being  I'm sealing it with a bobby pin and storing it untilted.  This stupid packaging is the reason this product did not get 5/5 for me.


I will only be reviewing the Failbait color as I received a sample size of Bittersweet from Sephora before I knew about this Ipsy bag and was already planning on reviewing it separately.  So Failbait is a pretty standard pink gloss.  The color isn't unique or special so unfortunately there are about a million glosses in existence that are this color and way waaay cheaper.  As for quality, these glosses really are quite awesome.  They apply easily and pigmented.  On my lips in this picture I literally only applied a tiny dab. It lasts for a long time as far as glosses go (3-4 hours for me) and keeps my lips moisturized.  the only downside...if you do not like sticky glosses you will not like this.  It is very sticky when you put your lips together.  My boyfriend hates when I wear it because I'm too sticky to kiss. :P

Where to buy: Urbandecay.com, Sephora
Price:
Liner: $20 ($13.33)
Gloss: $22 ($3?)

3 BelláPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil.

"This super creamy mineral gel eyeliner formula provides effortlessly smooth application and intense pigment for amazing coverage and all day wear. Plus it’s waterproof so you’ll definitely be smudge-free!"
The waterproof aspect of this really had me excited about this liner! 

5/5


So I am pretty impressed with this liner.  It goes on black (thankfully as the color is Ebony) and smoothly.  It is easy to apply a thick or a thin line as long as you keep it sharpened.  I was even able to get it to slightly flick out to a wing which is pretty neat!  I tried smudging it on my bottom lashes and as you can see it didn't do very much.  I also tried rubbing it off my hand and it barely budged.  I've washed my hands twice and its still there. This is the most waterproof liner I've ever used.  I am definitely pleased. I think this may be a liner I could wear swimming!  Yay!
I would have really liked this in a color other than black though.

Where to buy: bellapierre.com
Price: $15


4. AMIE Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturizer

"Morning Dew is a really light daily moisturizer that’s totally mineral oil-free and parabens-free. Quickly and easily absorbed into the skin, it gives skin all the hydration it needs while controlling shine and leaving a smooth, matte finish that’s a perfect base for make-up or facing the day or night ‘au naturel’!"

I had such high expectations for this and unfortunately it fell short.....

3/5


Alright so I was so freaking pumped when I saw I was getting a matte moisturizer! Holy crap!  The reason I rarely go out without foundation is because I hate the way moisturizer leaves me all shiny so I always have to put on a mattifying foundation to tone down the obnoxious shine. I thought this would be my answer...my holy grail moisturizer....but alas.  I put this on half my face and a regular moisturizer on the other half, then got my camera ready to show you guys the amazing difference.  There was none.  Both sides of my face were equally as shiny.  I waited a little while...and no change.  Sigh.  Perhaps it keeps oily skin less oily...but don't get my hopes up and advertise as a matte moisturizer.  I almost want to give this a 2 just because of how bummed I am.  Matte aside....it smells better than the last Ipsy moisturizer I got which was cucumbers...ew, but it's still not amazing.  It does moisturize and feels nice on the skin.  

Where to buy: amieskincare.com
Price: ~$5.60 (~$.56)


5. Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205

"This Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Blending Eye Brush is a 100% Animal Cruelty Free brush with high quality synthetic hair bristles that are soft to the touch. With its Vegan makeup qualities from bristles to the ferrule this Rose Gold brush is a must have in your makeup collection."

I was bummed about getting another brush but I actually love this!

5/5


This brush is advertised as a blending brush but honestly I don't think I'll be using it as such.  Instead I love it as a crease brush, it fits in there so perfectly!  I think its funny because the last brush I got was a crease brush but it was so small I couldn't get it to work as such so it became my new favorite blender....and now this one is meant to blend but its perfect for my crease.  How silly! :P
The shape of this brush also makes it a good base eye shadow brush meaning that it is definitely going in my travel makeup bag because it will function as both a shadow and crease brush in one!
It is also incredibly soft.  Using this on my eyes was like pillows and kittens.  I really really like this brush and will be looking into this brand for sure.

Where to buy: luxiebeauty.com
Price: $12

Overall I really liked this bag.  It had 4 out of 5 products that I will be using very frequently.   This bag makes me reconsider canceling in July....Unfortunately my mom's experience wasn't as nice as mine.  She got another bronzer and was pretty bummed as she does not use bronzer at all.

This bag totaled $47.89.  This one is definitely an estimate as the lip glosses were a guess and the moisturizer was converted from Euros.  Even without the lip glosses added it was a pretty nicely priced bag with two full sized products! 


No comments:

Post a Comment