Friday, May 8, 2015

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara

I don't review mascara's very often, mostly because if I find one I like I stick to it for a while.  I also tend to use them until I literally can't anymore.  In the past year or so I've gone from Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara to Urban Decay's Perversion and now I'm currently using Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara....that's quite the mouthful. I didn't purchase this mascara it was actually given to me by my boyfriend's mom.  On the sad day that Perversion ran out I reached for this to give it a try and was actually pleasantly surprised!


The tube is fairly large and gold.  Nothing too crazy about it.



The brush is pretty large.  I have no trouble using it on my upper lashes but it can make doing my bottom lashes difficult.  I usually don't put mascara down there so for me this isn't a big deal.  When you pull the brush out there is a good amount of product there, not too much and not too little.  I generally don't like when I have to scrape off excess which is something I had to do with Mary Kay's and what I had to do with Perversion towards the end of its life.  



The top row is with mascara and the bottom row is my natural lashes.  As for actual performance I feel like it falls somewhere between a high volume mascara and a natural mascara.  It doesn't give near the volume that Perversion provides but its better than a lot of other mascara's I've tried.  If you are looking for a more in between length and volume mascara this very well may be for you.  Unfortunately I prefer a bit more volume.



As you can see in this full face shot, the mascara doesn't overpower your makeup, it just kind of adds to it.  
Personally I would not buy this simply because of the price.  It is a great mascara and I will thoroughly enjoy it while I have it but I cannot justify paying $26.  Especially when I like Perversion a lot more and its less.
On my lips is Brink by Colour Pop Cosmetics.

Where to buy: Esteelauder.com, Estee Lauder counters, Sephora
Price: $26


No comments:

Post a Comment