Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Art: Moon Goddess

I decided it was again time to draw something of value, so because I love my fantasy art I drew a moon goddess.  I think this method of shading is really what I prefer and I think I'm going to stick to it and try to improve in that style.The flowy energy power stuff came out much better than I thought it would, as did the moon! I've really been pushing myself to do backgrounds lately instead of just drawing characters on a blank screen.


The metal cuff on her leg is modeled after my ear cuff.  I thought she needed something extra so I experimented with making a metallic piece of jewelry. I also made sure to draw at least one hand, as I usually prefer to hide them or draw them in really boring easy to draw positions.  
Overall I think I learned a lot from this picture. Two things I need to improve on next time include adding more wrinkle detail to the clothes and improving my foot drawing skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment