Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag March 2015

Yes I know the first week of April is already happening but I only just got my hands on my March glam bag a few days ago while I was home for Easter.  I didn't hate this bag so I wanted to take the time to talk about it.


The bag is nice  and cute and floral....too bad it doesn't really match the mood of the month, at least here.  All of march has been cold, rainy, and miserable. Nonetheless the bag is very nice this month.


1. NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops


"Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful."

This loses a point only because I didn't get the color I was lusting after.  I used my Ipsy points to get it however, so at least not all is lost.

4/5

So I was super bummed that I did not get Hunk.  I wanted that purple soooo badly, but of course I got the nude. WTF Ipsy. STOP. Luckily this is a pretty color and the formula is awesome so I will probably get some wear out of this. It glides on smoothly, lasts for a few hours, and is very pigmented and non drying.  I'm a huge fan of this formula. Yay NYX!

Where to buy: nyxcosmetics.com, ULTA, Drugstores
Price: $6


2.  Pūr~lisse soymilk cleanser & makeup remover


"Appreciate your skin, don’t irritate it. Cleanse the day away in one simple step with this sulfate-free blend of Soy Milk, Whole Oat and White Tea. This gentle cleanser leaves your face silky soft, without a trace of impurity. The 4-in-1 sulfate free & non-drying formula gently washes away dirt and makeup (even mascara!), while soothing and toning skin."

I enjoyed the Pur~lisse brand moisturizer I got so I was definitely looking forward to trying this.

5/5

Just like the moisturizer this brand seems to pack everything I want into one package!  It removes makeup, its gentle, and non drying! I really couldn't ask for more.  The scent is mild and not unpleasant which is always a plus for cleansers.  I hate washing my face with smelly nastiness. 

Where to buy: purlisse.com
Price: $36 ($6.43)

3. Boo Boo Cover Up in Medium


"Have a Boo-Boo? Skip the bandage and the shiny ointment. Look your best even while you heal with Boo-Boo Cover-Up for face and body. Our innovative formula offers great coverage for skin imperfections while containing ingredients known in nature to promote healing."

I want to start by saying.....IPSY, WHY WOULD YOU GIVE A CUSTOMER WITH PALE SKIN A MEDIUM TONED CONCEALER.  Seriously, their "personalization" is absolute garbage.

1/5

In the image the top swatch is the concealer and the bottom swatch is what I currently use (Mary Kay Ivory 2).  That difference is laughable.  I absolutely need a very light pink toned concealer or else it will just look yellow and disgusting.  This gets a one for a few reasons.  First it is absolutely nowhere near my skin tone.  Second while my Mary Kay concealer rubs in creamy, this almost felt a bit drier, which is not good for my already dry skin. Third when I did try to put it over a pimple, besides it being a yellow dot on my face it honestly didn't seem to cover that well.

Where to buy: booboocoverup.com
Price: $20 ($8)

4. Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion


"Sophistication and style are encapsulated in a complete package of understated elegance; crisp, clean and luxurious. Antioxidant-rich botanicals of red tea, soy, ginkgo biloba, grape seed and milk thistle, renowned for their beneficial attributes, combine in a dynamic blend to restore and revive.
This rich yet fast-absorbing formulation provides superior moisturizing benefits with nutrient-rich oils, humectants and emollients to heal and protect the skin."
It's kind of ridiculous how unimpressive and nondescript this product is....
2/5
 There is literally nothing about this that makes me want to buy it.  It gets two points for being a moisturizing and succeeding at such....however the brand name is unexciting, the color is white, the smell is strange, and the packaging is really boring.  I accidentally forgot to include this in the overall bag picture because I forgot it existed.  At first I thought this was unscented because of the weird smell it add that I assumed was the smell of the natural lotion.  Well apparently it is supposed to have a scent and some people are saying they like it.   On my skin I smell it more but it still isn't nice.  It's very old lady like.

Where to buy: gilchristsoames.com
Price: $16 ($5)

5. VINTAGE by Jessica Liebeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter


"Add a beautiful wash of color and subtle, sexy shimmer with the ILLUMINATING FACE HIGHLIGHTER. Created to be worn on top of fresh, dewy skin or as a delicate highlight over pretty blush – the reflective pearls add radiance on contact delivering a diamond-like finish to the skin."

This was an unexpected favorite, but for the wrong reasons, haha!

4/5



So this doesn't really work for me as a highlighter but I'm actually liking it a lot as an eyeshadow.  Its shimmery and very slightly pink, making it look more natural on my skin than a brown or tan colored shadow.  I have it swiped on my cheeks in this picture but you can't really see it. It just kind of makes it look like I'm wearing a shimmery blush.  Besides on my eyes I also like putting a tiny bit on the top of my lip as a highlight. Thank you Ipsy for finally sending me a highlight I have a use for!

Where to buy: vintagecosmetics.com
Price: $18?
This is hard to price as its sold out and I hate when companies remove the price when an item sells out. I found this price on a different website so I can't guarantee accuracy. 

So overall this bag wasn't great but it wasn't horrible.  In total everything cost about $43.43 which is in the standard range for an Ipsy bag. I believe my mom and I have made the decision to go back to only getting one bag every month starting in July when this subscription runs out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment