Saturday, March 21, 2015

NYX Cosmetics White Liquid Liner


I've been looking for an affordable white liquid eyeliner for a long time and to my glee NYX delivered!! As soon as I saw this at ULTA I had to grab it.  No more are the days of attempting to awkwardly get a thin white line with a not so thin white pencil liner. 


I was pretty bummed that its in a brush cap type packaging instead of a marker pen.  However I am decent at using their glitter liners in the same type of packaging so I was hoping it would not be a big deal.


So here is a pretty over the top look I attempted.  For anyone interested on my lid is Cosmic and in my crease is Eclispe, both from BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette. For the liner I put down the white liquid liner first then went over it with a black liquid liner.

I'm going to review this liner using a Pro and Con type of setup...

Pros:
Goes over dark eye shadow with no problem whatsoever
Dries quickly
Stays all day
affordable

Cons:
A bit watery
cracks a bit
hard to evenly apply another color of liquid liner on top of it
gets all over lashes
hard to control

The cons do outweigh the pros but I think this eyeliner has a time and a place so I do not regret buying it.


Here is a close up of how it gets all over your lashes making them stiff.  Mascara application becomes difficult because of this and its hard to cover up.

Overall this would be a nice liner for little white accents but because of its unfortunate cons I will not be attempting difficult and extravagant white liner techniques with this.

Where to buy: nyxcosmetics.com, ULTA, drugstores
Price: $7


No comments:

Post a Comment