Thursday, March 19, 2015

NYX Cosmetics Prismatic Shadow in Punk Heart


I don't know how I missed the release of these beautiful pigmented shimmery prismatic shadows but somehow I did.  I stopped at ULTA and my friend snagged a bunch so I decided to pick up Punk Heart.  I went into using these knowing absolutely nothing about them so I had no idea what to expect. 


So the packaging is super cute.  NYX took the traditional bow clasp design and made the lid silver which I think looks awesome.  However the color in the pan looked much pinker in store.  When I bought it I thought I was getting a raspberry shimmer, not a purple one.  After bringing it home I noticed that in indoor light it looks a bit more pink while in natural light it is very very purple.  


Because of the interesting prismatic effect I decided to swatch this a few ways to determine the best way to wear it.  The top swatch is over my Mary Kay eye primer, this is also how I ended up putting it on my lids.  Next I put it over NYX Milk.  I think this really took away from the prismatic shimmer and instead made it a bit more matte.  For some this may be a good thing, for others...don't put it over Milk.   Finally I used it wet with no primer.  It looked pretty similar to the dry over primer swatch however it did not last as long.  Therefore to get the best color payoff and longevity definitely use it over only a primer.


What I love best about this shadow is that I can throw it on all over my lid and pull of an interesting smokey eye, making it look like I actually tried. It naturally looks darker on the deeper parts of your eye and lighter on the parts that stick out, creating a natural halo effect. This is perfect for lazy days when you want to look like you put in effort. It is very easy to blend and I also I did not experience any creasing or fading when placed over primer.
On my lips is City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini.

Overall I really like this shadow and I may get another one.  I'm thinking either Mermaid or Golden Peach, I haven't decided yet. I'm such a sucker for pretty shimmer shadows.

Where to buy: nyxcosmetics.com, ULTA, Drugstores
Price: $6


No comments:

Post a Comment