Monday, September 29, 2014

NYX Simply Vamp Lipstick in Temptress

I am such a sucker for purple lipsticks so of course I had to pick up the purple from NYX's simply vamp collection.  I was a bit wary because of so many people complaining about its patchiness. However I was pleasantly surprised.


The first time I put it on it was a bit hard to work with.  Then later after I actually moisturized and exfoliated my lips it went on perfectly fine.  So if your lips are crap this will be very patchy, but if you try to take care of them you won't have an issue with this lipstick. As for the color, it is super pretty, it applies nicer than Revlon's Shameless but it does not last as long.  It was off after a meal but sometimes I think I'd prefer a lipstick that wears off quickly but looks nice while it lasts. On the skin it swatches as a very true dark purple but once put on my lips it took on a slightly more plum color.  This bummed me out a little but overall I'm a fan of this lipstick and will definitely be using it once the temperature drops.

Where to buy: Ulta, nyxcosmetics.com, drugstores
Price: $6.50

<3__)~

No comments:

Post a Comment