Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ipsy September Glam Bag 2014

I know...I know, it isn't September anymore...but unfortunately I didn't get my bag until this past weekend.  Anyway this month and from now on may be a little deceiving.  Both my mom and I subscribe to Ipsy so we may be trading some of our items in order to get the things we each like the most. For this month's bag I will be reviewing two items that I did not originally receive, just as a little heads up.  I don't want anyone getting all panicked because I got a lip gloss and a lipstick. :P



Here is the bag in all its glory.  I LOVE this bag design.  The color, the studs, yes! Actually my original bag had a broken zipper but luckily my friend gave me hers, because I definitely plan on using this in public!


1. Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush

"This dual-ended brush offers the best of both worlds. The shadow brush is perfect for applying eye shadow or contouring the eye, while the crease brush is designed to be used dry for defining the eye, or wet for precision concealing."

I wasn't too excited to get an eye shadow brush since I already own 10 from various palettes and other Ipsy bags.  However one end of this brush I believe I will be using quite often so this product wasn't a total dud. It gets a 4/5 for quality and 1/2 usefulness.

4/5


Here it is, one side is a base shadow brush and the other a crease brush.


For the life of me I could not get the tiny little brush to work in my crease, it was just so small, difficult, and awkward to use.  Also the shadow brush was a bit bigger than I'm used to so I didn't feel comfortable using that end either.


However it redeemed itself in the crease brushes ability to be used as a really nice precision blender.  Yay! 

Where to buy: crownbrush.us
Price: $6.99

2. Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet

" Amp up the color with Hikari’s richly colored lip stick. The high pigmented formula glides on smoothly with a matte finish. Layer this formula to build color for a perfectly enchanted pout."

I was so excited to get this because lately the lip products I've been receiving have been booooooring.  Well this one is definitely not boring! In addition to loving the color I also love the formula,  it is a bit drying but it stays on for quite some time which for me is of the utmost importance.

5/5


It is an absolutely gorgeous and very flattering dark pink.  This color is so fun and it works really well with my skin tone.  I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this.


Where to buy: hikaricosmetics.com
Price: $13

3.  Be A Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder

"This lightweight, ultra-fine, silky formula softens the appearance of imperfections, fine lines, and pores while leaving you with a beautiful glow. This finishing powder can be worn alone or to set your foundation. The translucent formula works for all skin tones. It is made from 100% silica and leaves your skin with a matte finish without drying it out."

I did not previous own a finishing powder so I was super bummed when my mom got this and I did not.  However since my mom owns a few products like this already I traded her the Pacifica brown eyeliner that I got and would never use for this awesome powder!

5/5


I actually don't own a super fluffy brush with which to apply this so I've been using my blush brush.  I will have to pick up an inexpensive one next time I'm out.


Unfortunately on camera I feel the full effects of this powder were lost.  I personally thought it made me face look brighter and photograph better in natural light.  However something that is definitely noticeable from this picture is the lack of shine! On the left I definitely have some shininess on my cheek...ew...and on the right, with the powder, ITS GONE. <3


Where to buy: beabombshellcosmetics.com
Price: $12

4. CAILYN Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Basic Instinct

"CAILYN Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss delivers the stunning color impact of a lip stain and high shine of a lip gloss. This silky smooth gloss glides on your lips like butter, leaving you with a lacquer like finish."

This is another one that got traded between my mom and I.  I originally received the Briogeo hair mask, but since my mom despises lip glosses she asked to trade.  I happily obliged since I love lip anything and already have two hair masks.  The color isn't really for me but the formula is pretty ok.  The pigmentation especially is pretty impressive for a lip gloss. It loses two points for non impressive color and a formula with a bit to be desired.

3/5



It's a pretty nice nude, but it isn't really a perfect match for my skin tone. It's too peachy and not pink enough for me.  Anyway as far as pigmentation this gloss rocks. As you can see from the hand swatch which was done with one swipe.  However, after wearing this for a few hours it starts to settle into the lines in your lips and looks a bit weird.  So either make sure to reapply or only wear if you'll be out for an hour or two. For its price I would expect better.

Where to buy: Cailyncosmetics.com
Price: $19


5. LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution Light

" LIGHTER version of 3 in 1 Revolution. Great for normal to oily skin and during warmer weather. Toner, Serum, and Moisturizer in One. This Revolutionary Lotion will save you time during busy morning rush and moisturize your face all day long! Help tighten skin, reduce breakouts, relieve dark circles under eyes, moisturize, fight aging, treat sun damages, and calm irritated skin."

I'm pretty blah about this just like I am with any skin care product.  It's nice but it isn't amazing. One plus is that I do not currently use a toner so perhaps I'll substitute this every now and then to get some toner benefits. Loses two points because it's for oily skin and mine is super dry and it has no spf.

3/5



This has no smell as far as I can tell (however I do currently have a stuffy nose) which is a plus.  I'd rather no smell at all than an obnoxious one. It is a white most viscous formula that goes on the skin quite nicely.  I used it once and didn't break out so I will be sure to use it more in the future.

Where to buy: leeanni.com
Price: $17.48 ($4.37)

Alright! Awesome! Without trading I might have been pretty bummed about this bag, but thanks to my mommy I am so happy.  Because of trading this number isn't normal for an Ipsy bag but all together these items were worth about $55. 

Want to sign up to Ipsy? Click here! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment