Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Subtle Anime Makeup for Cosplaying

So this past Sunday was J1 Con in Philadelphia.  I decided to go since I had never been to an anime convention before and I had a Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service costume leftover from last Halloween.

I thought maybe some of you would like to see how I subtly made my eyes look slightly larger without going crazy overboard.


I started with a very neutral eye.  I used Strange from Naked 3 on the lid and Haywire from the NYX matte collection applied very lightly in my crease.  Then I took NYX Milk and thickly lined my lower lashline.  Next taking a black liquid liner I extended my upper lashline down further and drew a wing.  Then I lightly drew a fake lower lashline under the Milk to create the effect of a slightly larger anime eye. Pretty easy and fairly cute without being obnoxious.

Here are some pictures from the convention!


Here is a super cute selfie I took before heading to the convention.


My friend didn't have a  costume so he put together a last minute Jiji outfit.  The look on people's faces as they asked where my cat was and I pointed to him was priceless. :)


Here is just me being really awkward because I didn't know how to pose or what to do when others kept asking for pictures.


This guy was hilarious. Omg. He was Sylveon, heavyweight world champion and never broke from character.  So funny.


These two made some adorable soldiers from Attack on Titan


These three had an incredible Twilight Princess cosplay.  They ended up winning best in show and they definitely deserved it.  Just wow.

Overall I had fun and I think I would definitely go to another convention if I ever had the chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment