Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Break From Makeup: Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza

I've been sharing a lot of food lately.....I know this is a makeup blog but oh my gosh I keep cooking these delicious meals and after eating them I feel a strong desire to share them with everyone! Today I want to share the amazing, delicious, low calorie, vegetarian breakfast pizza I made.  Its so easy and so yummy!


Like holy crap just look at how amazing it looks! The best part about this is it is so easy to customize toppings based on what is in your fridge.


So I wasn't going to share the My Fitness Pal ingredient list because its kind of confusing and all over the place but I decided to anyway.  Let me walk you through how I made this.

1. Lay out a small tortilla on some foil
2. Spread your choice of sauce evenly over top.  I had some leftover diced tomatoes so I added a bit less than 1/4 of those then filled up the remaining 1/4 cup with Ragu spaghetti sauce for thickness.  You could of course just use diced tomatoes or just spaghetti sauce.
3. I then placed some fresh spinach on top. Next time I'm definitely adding more! Frozen spinach would also work.
4.  I followed the spinach with some bits of avocado.  I used a bit less than 1/8 of an avocado....which I just realized I calculated incorrectly.  I input 1/4 of an entire avocado instead of 1/4 of a half of one....oops. I would probably also add more avocado next time.
5.  I then cracked an egg in the center of the pizza, taking care not to let it run off the sides. Next you can sprinkle with your desired type and amount of cheese and spices.
6. Finally I stuck it in the toaster oven at 350 for....I wish I would have counted.  I just watched until the whites were set but this also meant my yolk was hard which was a huuuuge disappointment. I read that letting the egg come to room temp helps the whites cook before the yolk so next time I'll be trying that.

The way I made my pizza came out to about 250 calories.  This is a great and healthy way to kick start your morning.  It is filling, has a bit of everything, is low calorie, and contains about 12g of protein!

I hope you enjoy your pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment