Monday, February 16, 2015

A Break From Makeup: Crab Stuffed Avocado

I'm so so sorry for the lack of updates.  I accidentally left my camera charger at my parents house so my Canon has been dead. :(
However I went home for the weekend and was able to retrieve it so hopefully I can start posting again!
To tide you over I wanted to share a recipe with you that I absolutely love.  Crab stuffed avocado!!


If you like avocado and crab then this is a must.  Its so delicious and tastes like a comfort food while being low calorie and healthy for you! Plus its super quick  and easy to make!

Calorie info thanks to My Fitness Pal


So here is my process:
1. Cut open an avocado and remove the pit
2. Mix 2 oz of crab, 2 Tbsp of cream cheese, and as many cut up cherry tomatoes as you desire.  I only used one because I didn't want the tomato flavor to be too strong.  I think I may have also added a tad bit of lemon juice. You can also add salt, pepper, cayenne, or your favorite seasoning to taste.
3. Plop half of the mixture into each avocado and sprinkle with your desired kind and amount of cheese.  
4. Stick it in a toaster oven for 10 minutes at 350-375 degrees.

These are so delicious, I've done this for three separate meals now.  For dinner I usually use a whole avocado but if I'm having it for lunch I cut the recipe in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment