Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag February 2015


So last month's bag was a total drag so lucky for Ipsy they kicked it up quite a few notches for this month's bag.  I will be using everything in here except for one product, which given their recent track record is good enough for me. I hadn't checked my glam room so I had no idea what I was getting prior to opening my pink mailer.  My friend told me she loved her bag this month so my expectations were high....let's take a look! 


The bag itself is pretty cute.  It's pink for Valentine's Day and has an interesting grey, white, and pink pattern.

City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini

"A hybrid between a lipstick and gloss, our Creamy Lip Stain is a new kind of lip product that applies smooth and creamy like a gloss and sets with a matte finish. This creamy lip stain gives your lips long lasting color while keeping lips moisturized. Available in 6 fun flirty shades. "

There was only one lip product offered this month that I would have hated so I'm really glad I didn't end up with that one.  City Color's lip stain was only offered in this color, which is a bummer because when they announced them I was super excited for the berry shade.  It is getting a 4 because it smells disgusting.

4/5


Overall the color of this is pretty neutral.  It's a flattering pink that would probably look good on almost anybody.  It goes on very opaque and as it fades it leaves behind a my lip but better pink stain.  It's a nice product and even though I wish they had offered it in the shade Blackberry Mojito.

Where to buy: citycolorcosmetics.com
Price: Its out of stock on the website but Amazon says $5


Emite Make Up Eye Lash Curler

"The EMITE MAKE UP Professional Eye Lash curler has a special curved design which angles to suit all eye shapes, without touching your makeup base. Its silicone rubber pad applies the appropriate amount of pressure to curl lashes naturally. Your eye lashes will remain in perfect shape all day!"

This was my first time getting a tool besides a brush in an Ipsy bag so I was pretty surprised to pull this out. I already have an eyelash curler but its a super cheap ELF one that I got in a kit. However because of this, its only the second eyelash curler I've ever used in my life so I do not really have much to base it on. I'm taking off a point because its a bit harder to get at my lashes compared to my ELF curler.

4/5


So as you can see it definitely does its job.  It closes easily and gives a nice noticeable curl with and without mascara.  The left eye is curled and the right eye is left natural.  It even came with replacement red pads, how nice! I think I'll be keeping this one at my apartment and taking my ELF one home to use when I visit my parents and doggies.

Where to buy: emitemakeup.com
Price: $25 + $3 for replacement pads

Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray

"Get the ultimate blowout with this multi-tasking spray! The light-weight formula adds volume and texture to hair, while protecting against heat for healthier styling. "

The last hair product I got was useless because it was only a heat protector and I don't use heat. However this one, while it does offer heat protection, is primarily a volumizer. Yay! I love volume! It can also be used to dry hair which is always a plus.  Its getting a 4 because I feel like it could have offered a bit more volume.

4/5


The spray is a pump nozzle, it comes out easily enough and doesn't smell bad.


Here is my hair fluffed up with no product and then fluffed up again after spraying it.  It definitely adds some extra volume however I don't think it was very long lasting.  However I think this products use lies more in the area of a refresher rather than a first line of styling product.  I can see myself reaching for this a lot when I need to re fluff my hair later in the day, but do not want to use my main hair molder as it will be too heavy.

Where to buy: eva-nyc.com, Ulta, Walgreens, Forever 21
Price: $24 ($3)


Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil

"The Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil is a highly effective face oil packed with powerful natural anti-oxidants and vitamins that are instantly absorbed to leave skin feeling plumper, firmer and glowing with radiance. "

Um...so I don't even know what this is supposed to be for.....when I first pulled it out I saw peach, flora, and oil.  I got super excited as I thought this was a flowery peach perfume oil.  Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't. I guess it goes on the face and makes it more radiant?  Not sure what that means.  I don't like putting oil on my face so I don't have a use for this.

1/5


Yeah I'm not sure what to say about this....its a face oil and it doesn't smell nice.

Where to buy: mitchellandpeach.com
Price: $34 ($17)

ModelCo Blush in Cosmopolitan

"ModelCo’s BLUSH Cheek Powder creates a beaming, rosy glow to brighten every complexion. The micronized color pigments and luxurious, pressed powder delivers a sheer, natural radiance that lasts all day. "

Everyone got a blush this month and while I'm not super crazy about blush I didn't mind adding a new one to my arsenal.  Looking at the product I was afraid it would be too hot pink but when applied lightly it looks very nice and natural.  Taking off a point, not because there is anything wrong with it, but because I don't absolutely love it and perfect scores are reserved for things I love.

4/5



I applied it a bit heavy here so I could get the color in the picture but applied normally it creates a very natural light pink blush.  I won't be wearing this now but I could see reaching for it come spring and summer.

Where to buy: modelcocosmetics.com
Price: Um, the website said I don't have permission to shop on my server? What. Boxycharm says its $18.

Compared to what I've been getting recently this bag was a nice surprise.  While I didn't absolutely love any of the products I can use 4/5 of them which is definitely good.
The total price of this month's bag comes out to $71. Whoa. But because two of them items I couldn't get an official price for, this may vary.  I've never had a bag come out to more than $60.  They really went all out with this month!
Good job Ipsy, I'm satisfied!





No comments:

Post a Comment