Monday, October 20, 2014

NYX Wicked Lippie in Power and NYX Round Case Lipstick in Aphrodite


I've been looking forward to the release of these Wicked Lippies for what seems like forever.  I had originally planned on getting Betrayal but since it seemed so similar to OCC's Technopagan I decided on Power.  The online swatches made it seem so interesting and unique.

NYX Wicked Lippie Power

Well for me it doesn't look the same on my lips as it did on the major beauty blogger's lips.  Maybe it's because I'm super pale but it goes on very dark.  I was definitely expecting it to be a bit lighter, but instead it comes off as a very deep metallic pink. While I do like the color it isn't as unique as I had thought.   In fact after putting it on I instantly thought of NYX's Round Case Lipstick in Aphrodite.

Nyx Aphrodite

Here is Aphrodite swatched so that you can compare.  Power is a tad bit lighter and of course a bit more metallic but honestly when on the difference isn't all that varied. I like the formula for Aphrodite better, it is less slippery and applies easier and more opaque.  In my opinion if you already own Aphrodite I wouldn't bother with Power.
The formula isn't so terrible that I would not buy another, in fact I'm hoping to pick up Cold Hearted because I need some metallic dark grey in my life.

Where to buy: NYXcosmetics.com
Price: $6

No comments:

Post a Comment