Thursday, October 16, 2014

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Wolvesmouth and Poe

As soon as I found out about this collection I knew I had to have Wolvesmouth.  It is just an amazingly beautiful metallic deep berry.  The name is only about 50% of the reason I got it...hahaha. While wearing it all I can think of is The Wolves Die Young by Sonata Arctica.  I bought this lipstick as soon as I could because I knew I needed to wear it to the Sonata Arctica concert and wear it I did!!


Anyway as for performance.  It goes on very easily and opaque.  It also lasts a very long time.  My friend and I had lipsticks put on in Sephora.  I had this one and she had OCC lip tar in Hoochie.  Afterwards we both had pasta at the Cheesecake Factory.  After the meal my lipstick was only slightly faded while hers was almost completely gone.  Definitely impressed.  As for appearance, make sure your lips are PERFECT.  Any sort of dryness or imperfection will result in the lipstick going on darker in that spot.  I exfoliate and moisturize like crazy when I plan on wearing this color. Also do not keep this lipstick loose in your purse! The lid WILL pop off!!

Next up please give Jaime a warm welcome as she helps me review Poe!



Just like I wanted Wolvesmouth as soon as I saw it, Jaime wanted Poe.  Here is her opinion of this lipstick: 
"The color is nice.  It's a gorgeous navy with gold sparkles and looks great on the lips.  The problem however is with the glitter in the lipstick.  It makes the formula dry and it does at times tug on the lips during application.  Once on it is also super drying and will last maybe 4 hours total.  I love the color but the formula makes me think the $22 price tag is not worth it."
If you would like to check out some of her other makeup looks you can find her on Instagram and Tumblr.

So overall really interesting colors but as far as performance goes $21 may be a bit steep.

Where to buy: Sephora
Price: $21

No comments:

Post a Comment