Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag October 2014

Get ready for Ipsy's October glam bag! YAY! I was actually not looking forward to this bag at all but after trying everything out my mind was definitely changed.  


Why was I not looking forward to this bag you ask? Well hair products tend to not work with my short hair, I prefer lipstick to lip glosses, cleansers can smell really annoying, hand lotion can give me a rash, and the eye shadow looked like it might be lame.  I was proven wrong with EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT.
As far as the bag itself, so cute! Such an adorable teal color, I love it! I could see using this as a clutch with either of my two teal dresses :)

1. ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream for Hair

"A first in haircare. Finally, an ultra-light, incredibly versatile, all-in-one multifunctional beauty balm that harnesses the moisturizing and protective power of the patented Acacia Collagen™ for ultimate repair, conditioning, manageability, smoothness, body and shine. Perfect for all hair types. Color safe. Paraben free."

4/5


I was a little bit nervous about this product as over 50% of the time hair products don't work very well with my pixie cut however I am definitely a fan of this product! When used in damp hair I can style it without using my hair fiber and when I put it in dry hair it gives it a boost of softness and body.  I've used this every day since getting it in my bag! Only issue would be it has a slightly weird smell.


Here is the best attempt I could get at a before and after for this product.  It adds more shine and makes it easier to achieve volume.  What you can't see is how soft it makes my hair. <3

Where to buy: Ecrunewyorkcom
Price: $12

2. Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser

"Indie Lee’s bestselling Brightening Cleanser naturally washes away impurities to leave skin soft, refreshed, and luminous."
3/5


I usually hate clear cleansers because they tend to be super runny and hard to use but this formula has some viscosity to it making it not run everywhere when squeezed from the tube.  When rubbing it  into the skin it foams up a little bit and seems to throughly clean my face.  I have not broken out from this which is always a good sign.  My only issue with it is that it has too strong of a smell.  If the smell of my cleanser is going to be strong it had better be a freaking amazing scent, but unfortunately this is not the case for this product.  The smell isn't bad...just not wonderful.
\
Where to buy: Indielee.com
Price: $32 ($4)

3. Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Rose Berry

"Figs & Rouge Shea Butter Enriched Limited Edition Hand Creams are deliciously fragrant & indulgent. These delectable creams soften, nourish & thoroughly pamper hands throughout the day, quickly absorbing to provide super-soft skin. Apply Figs & Rouge Hand Cream onto your hands and massage into skin throughout the day as needed."
5/5


Hand creams always make me nervous because the scent can either suck or I can sometimes get a rash on the back of my hands.  This lotion did not suffer from either issue.  I've used it a few times and have had no rash or burning.  The smell is also WONDERFUL.  While in Istanbul, Turkey my mom and I drank a lot of what they called Love Tea.  This lotion smells just like that tea so it brings back many fond memories every time I use it. :)
This may be a new product, I had trouble finding it for sale.

Where to buy: feelunique.com
Price: $6.50

4. Jesse's Girl Mneralized Baked Shadow Powder in Plum Frost

"Get out-of-this-world eyes with Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eyeshadows. "
4/5


At first this eye shadow was a huge let down.  I wasn't able to get any pigmentation from it at all, it swatched as a very slight wine shimmer.  However after I kept using it and using it I noticed that as I got past that first initial layer the color went from barely there to a very nice deep shimmery wine.  I am now  very happy with this shadow and so glad I got this color over some of the alternatives. Use over primer or wet for maximum pigmentation.

Where to buy: Jessesgirlcosmetics.com
Price: $3.99


5. Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure
"Starlooks Lip Glosses are created with a truly moisturizing, luxury, non-sticky formula. This neutral-rose, yet glamorous shade provides the perfect glisten for any lip look and complements any skin tone! Can be worn alone or in combination with other Starlooks lip products for a truly customizable finish"
4/5


I was worried this lip gloss was going to be a repeat of last month's Caylin gloss.  I should have put more trust in Starlooks because it definitely is not! The color is very flattering and it does not settle into lip lines. It lasts a good 2 hours, gradually fading evenly during that time. Would have liked to potentially see a longer lasting potential


  It reminded me of Urban Decay's Naked lip gloss in Lovechild so I swatched them next to each other.  Guilty Pleasure is a bit darker and has a bit more pigmentation with an equally good performance. Perhaps this lip gloss could be a good dupe for Urban Decay's Naked line.

Where to buy: Starlooks.com
Price: $12 (Website does not list size so this mini I'm guessing is about $4 worth)

In total I really liked this bag much more than I was expecting.  I even bought the Guilty Pleasure lip set that Starlooks had as a special so look forward to a review of that!
All in all this bag came out to be about $30 which is extremely low for what it usually is.  However I like the products so much that I don't even really care if its not in the normal $40 range.  As long as I like the products and they work I'm not too concerned that they don't cost a fortune.  If anything there is a much higher chance I'll buy them because of affordability.

Click here to sign up for Ipsy for only $10 a month!



No comments:

Post a Comment