Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wicked Crown Dare Me Vibrant Hair Color in Purple Rain on Dark Hair

So I've been wanting to dye my bangs purple for quite some time.  I don't want anything crazy, just a slight but still noticeable purple tint. While at Savemart for the first time I saw this and just had to pick it up for only $6.  It states that it washes out in 12 washes which is perfect because it means it will be out before I get my hair cut again so my stylist can't yell at me for using cheap dyes on my hair :P


Here we go!! I tried to find examples of people using this dye online and didn't come up with much.  Hopefully this helps anyone with dark hair who is wondering what this product will do for them without bleaching.


So first you must wash your hair then let it fully dry. I pinned back the parts I was not dying and using gloves massaged the dye into my bangs.  I should have put Vaseline on my forehead to protect my skin but I forgot because I'm an idiot...so don't forget. Then let it sit in your hair for 30 minutes.  During this time I washed my face and did my makeup.


Try not to get purple everywhere....I had it on the counter and my skin and ugh I'm not good at this.


After 30 minutes rinse your hair under cold water until no more purple runs out.


This picture was actually taken after I had washed my hair once because the pics from the day I dyed it didn't turn out well, and it still looks just as good! We will see if it lasts the full 12 washes but overall I am quite happy with the results.  Its exactly what I was looking for. I may have to talk my hairdresser into doing this permanently....

Where to buy: Amazon, Savemart
Price: $6-$10

<3__)~


EDIT: I've been using this about once a month since purchasing it and I would buy it again after it runs out.  I love that for at least a week it makes my hair look interesting but not obnoxious.  After about 5-6 washes it starts really disappearing for me, but its so quick and easy to dye it that I don't mind.  Here is a really good example of when it is freshly dyed in the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment