Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Product Reviews

Alright! So I've spent some time trying out and wearing these products so now I'm going to let you know what I think of them! Before I begin I want to make it clear that I did like every single one of these products but unfortunately most of them just do not work for me so they will probably be going to my mom.


First up is Sexy Hair Root Plump Volumizing Spray Mousse.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about this.  In all honesty I don't feel like it does very much for my hair.  Then again this may be for two reason, first my hair is really short so it may be tailored more towards those with long hair.  Second the instructions say to apply it to damp hair and unfortunately I almost always get a shower at night to save time in the morning so I've been applying it to dry hair.  Final verdict, I'm probably going to give this to my mom and continue using my molding creme.


Next is Elizabeth Mott's Pop! Goes the Shadow.  I really like this formula.  It is easy to apply and feels very soft and velvety.  However I'm not a huge fan of the color because it has a very warm undertone to it.  It also doesn't show up very well on my eyes. It is too dark to be a highlight but too light to add any noticeable pigmentation.


Here it is swatched next to Urban Decay's Sin.  As you can see Sin has a more pinky tone to it which is why it suits my skin tone so well.  Unfortunately  I just don't see myself reaching for this before Sin so it will probably also go to my mom.


Next, Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion! I was really excited to try this against my Mary Kay Microdermabrasion to see if I liked it better.  Alas, I did not.  It is not because it performs any worse however, it is entirely because of the smell.  I prefer my skincare products to not have strong odors and unfortunately this smells very very strong of citrus.  I don't hate citrus but I'd definitely prefer it to be scent free. Another one for my mom!


I was pretty excited to get this and I definitely love everything about it.  It is super super black which is awesome, I definitely prefer it to my UD 24/7 liner in zero.  However as you can see when I rubbed my wrist it was the one that came up the most.  I also then continued to wear these swatches on my wrist for 24 hours and it was the one that faded fastest.  This doesn't bother me too much however as I love how dark it is and how easily it applies.  I think I'll be keeping this one and will throw UD zero into my travel bag and give the Cynthia Rowley eyeliner from Birchbox to my mother.


And last but definitely not least the Starlooks Lip Pencil in Naked.  This was by far my favorite product from my bag and I will be keeping this.  Prior to this bag I only owned lip liners in clear, beige, red, and plum.  Therefore this nice pink was a much needed addition to my collection.  Not only does it work well under my neutral pink lipsticks it also looks very nice on its own.  It applies very creamy and easily and has wonderful pigmentation! 

Want to sign up for your own Ipsy bag subscription for only $10? 

<3__)~



No comments:

Post a Comment