Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Kat Von D Ink Liner in Woolf

Well it's over...my week long of non stop studying is done and my exam is over.  Hopefully I passed.
To celebrate here is a little review for you guys! I'm going to be spending the next few days relaxing with my boyfriend before my lab rotation begins.  Yay!


Today I'm reviewing an eye liner that I got a little bit ago that I have seriously been loving.  Introducing Kat Von D's Ink Liner in Woolf! 
When she posted her new liquid liner swatches on Instagram I knew I had to have Woolf for two reasons.  One I love grey.  It is my brown.  I've been wanting a more muted liquid liner for quite some time. Second I wrote a 10 page paper on Virginia Woolf for AP English back in high school so she holds a special place in my heart. Haha!
In the swatch above I drew three lines, the top is the thickest I could get in one stroke, the middle is a natural line, and the bottom is the thinnest line I could do consistently.


I like this liner because it is absolutely perfect for when I am wearing light clothing and also want to do my makeup a bit lighter.  Sometimes bold black wings just don't work....so for that time I can do bold grey wings! Yay!
Now what I like about this is that it goes on smoothly, its easy to control, and I can get a super tiny point with it. The color is opaque and will go over eye shadow.  Even eye shadows that are a darker color!
What I don't like about it is that it is a bit hard to get a thick line.  The felt tip brush is so thin that coloring in thick bold wings and liner can be a bit annoying and time consuming. 
Overall I really like this liner and would have bought more if some of the other colors appealed to me a little better.  With that price tag I can't afford to be buying them willy nilly.
On my lips is Revlon Balm Stain in Honey,



Just because its a more muted liner color doesn't mean you can't have some fun with it!

Where to buy: Sephora
Price: $19


No comments:

Post a Comment