Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag June 2015

I was only partially looking forward to this month.  Most of the items could have been a huge hit or miss so I was pretty nervous.  Luckily luck was on my side as most of the bag this month is pretty awesome!


This month included a lip stain, an eye brow pencil, a face primer, a body lotion, and an eye shadow stick.  Once again this month is a really nice mix of things, allowing them to all easily be used together in one look.
The bag itself was gross.  The fabric was really strange and felt weird to the touch.  I threw it out.  I seriously can't stand the way it feels...


J. Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in Hikilicous (LLS117)

"Highly pigmented, hydrating, semi-matte lip stain. A delightfully creamy and lightweight stain for any occasion. Silky, smooth and packed with Vitamin E and plants extract, this stain is your go-to glam tool for sexy. Liptitude will last 24/7 and give you some serious ATTITUDE."

4/5

I almost always give colorful lip products at least a 4 when I do these reviews but what can I say, I like my bright lips!


I fell in love with J.Cat when I got one of their lip paints in a past Ipsy bag.  Therefore I was definitely looking forward to this product.  As far as color it is kind of a pinkish coral.  It contrasts just a bit with my skin tone which really makes it pop more than it might on someone with a warm tone, however the coral is muted enough that I think I can definitely pull it off. It is easy to apply and goes on very creamy.  It is hydrating at first but I feel after a few hours it starts to get chalky.  I do not really feel that it is a lip stain in the traditional sense, it goes on very thick and transfers like crazy.  that's definitely my least favorite thing about this lip stain...it gets on my teeth and ANYTHING I put my lips up to.  It lasted all morning and through one meal.  After my second meal there was a slight stain on my lips with more pigmented product around my lips.  Definitely blot this out after applying to help it not be so thick!
This product reminds me of City Color Cosmetics new lipstick except it doesn't smell like paint (thankfully) which for me makes J.Cat's automatically better. I'm not sure if I'd buy another one of these unless they released some more interesting colors.

Where to buy: jcatbeauty.com
Price: $6

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil

"Brow Power matches all hair colors and covers gray perfectly! The oval shaped tip is perfect for both thin and thick brows. The spooley end brush gives a natural polished look! Developed with leading plastic surgeons, IT Cosmetics' proprietary anti-aging technology infuses a blend of brow-conditioning ingredients including Saw Palmetto, Nettle Extract, Green Tea, Biotin, Lecithin, Vitamins A, C, E, Grape Seed and Panthenol. Their exclusive, transforming shade adjusts to every hair color based on how hard you press to give you a beautiful, natural-looking brow."

4/5

This was another one I was worried about.  Universal does not always mean so but at least for my dark brows this pencil works just fine!


This is a pretty interesting concept, a universal eye brow pencil that can match blond to black depending on how hard you press down.  It is double ended, one end is the oval shaped pencil and the other end is a spooley.  I really like that it includes on, as it is a much better spooley than i currently have so even if the pencil runs out I can continue to use this end! In the above picture I included three swatches, each a varying degree of pressing power.  I have trouble only pressing that lightly so it may be difficult for heavy handed blondes to make this pencil work for them. However if you are anywhere from medium brown to dark brown this pencil should match just fine.  It is easy to use however even using the small end of the oval doesn't give as thin lines as I'd like which is why it loses a point.
Overall I like this pencil and I'm glad I can continue using the spooley even after the product is gone. The price is very high however and I have two brow pencils I like just as much for half the price.

Where to buy: Ulta, Itcosmetics.com
Price: $24 (~$12)

Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer

"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation, this best-selling, oil-free primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish."

5/5

It does what it should, no complaints.



This primer reminds me of the Mary Kay one I am currently using.  It's gel like and a little goes a long way, especially with this. It is oil free but does feel oily while applying.  I don't really notice a change in the appearance of my face such as pores or more even skin tone but it definitely makes me foundation stick and last for a long time! The first day I wore this I was sweating like crazy because the air conditioning in the lab wasn't turned on and when I went home my foundation was still flawless!  This definitely beats the Mary Kay primer as far as performance but the price is so insane I'll still be sticking with what I have. I think I'll save this sample for use on special occasions.

Where to buy: Ulta, Sephora, smashbox.com
Price: $36 ($9)



LAVANILA LABORATORIES The Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla

"If you’re looking for instant hydration, this is it. This velvety smooth, all-natural body butter absorbs instantly for deeply hydrated, luxuriously soft skin. 100% pure Shea & Cocoa Butters blend with powerful antioxidants and essential oils for long-lasting hydration. Completely non-greasy, prepare for the ultimate indulgence.

About the scent: A grown up expression of vanilla. Its sensual blend of fresh Madagascar vanilla and tonka bean will leave your skin softly scented."

5/5

No complaints here, nice formula, lovely scent.


The last few body butters I got from Ipsy have smelled disgusting so I was so happy to see this one was simply vanilla. I love vanilla, it s my favorite scent so I was really hoping they couldn't mess it up.  This is a really nice body butter, it goes on smooth and makes my skin feel nice.  The scent is great as well! The vanilla is truly lovely, not sweet like a lot of vanilla lotions.  It turns me into a walking aromatic experience. 
I am a bit too in love with Fortune Cookie soap to purchase anything else from this brand however.

Where to buy: lavanila.com, Sephora
Price: $19 ($2.40)


tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon

"This amazing 12 hour eye shadow has customizable color that you can build from a subtle wash to intense vibrancy. It’s also super blendable with a crease free, smooth finish."

2/5

Its just meh.


First of all thank you so much to my mom for switching her pencil with mine.  I got brown. Ugh, why.  I have never worn a dark brown eye shadow in my life.  She was nice enough to trade the brown for this yellow shimmery color.  It was also available in a rose highlight...why oh why did Ipsy not give me that one....or even the green would have been cool....ugh.  Anyway.  The cap on this thing is the shape of a pencil.  My mom pulls it out of her bag and starts freaking out saying they sent it without a cap.....nope. You take off the crayon top and it reveals a stick shadow. It is easy to apply as a highlighter but I feel like I have to really try to get a nice even coat everywhere that I need it. This isn't anything really special and I suppose I'll use it on occasion as it is easy to apply to the inner corner.
Ipsy hasn't sent out an exciting eye shadow color in a really long time...I think we are definitely due.

Where to buy: trestique.com
Price: $26 (~$13)

Overall I'd give this bag a 4/5 as I liked everything except for the stupid boring eye shadow pencil. The total cost of this bag totaled about $42.40, this is an estimate as not all full sized products listed the product amount for conversion so I had to guess.

Also I just used 500 of my points for an orchid Buxom eye shadow! Yay!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment