Saturday, August 22, 2015

Colourpop Cosmetics Super Shock Eye Shadow in Liberty and I Heart This

When I placed my Colourpop order for the 4 Ultra Matte lipsticks I wanted I needed to put a few more things in my cart to get free shipping so of course I had to give their eye shadows a try!  I heard some good things about their Super Shock shadows and while I like my lips matte I tend to prefer my eyes to obnoxiously sparkle. Oh boy do these deliver.


I decided to get Liberty, a very metallic silver and I <3 This, a shimmery taupe.


Yes I <3 This does have the same name as the pink lipstick I swatched a while back.  It confused me too at first when I was looking up swatches. These swatches are with two coats over no primer.


Liberty is basically tin man silver. It is intense, its shimmery, and its oh so metallic. I love it. It really makes my eyes pop and while it is an intense true silver, I don't think it is all that crazy looking with a bit of a dark matte shadow blended into the crease. It provides a very wearable pop of metal! The formula itself is like butter.  You apply these using the finger so all it takes is to lightly swipe your finger in the shadow and then dab it on the lid.  


I didn't do my whole lid with I <3 This because this is the way I see myself wearing it most often, at the inner corner blended into another sparkly pop of color.  It is much more neutral and less intense and metallic than Liberty, but that also makes it an amazing every day shadow.  I was hoping it would be a bit more on the grey side, instead I think it is much golder than I was thinking.  I still think it looks great on me though so I will definitely be getting use out of it!

Overall these shadows are great and I will definitely be buying more if I ever make another Colourpop order!

Where to buy: colourpop.com
Price: $5




No comments:

Post a Comment