Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Black Box Subscriptions December 2015

I really can't express how much I adore this subscription box.  I honestly was expecting to subscribe for 2 to 3 months and then quit, but I just can't bring myself to because every month I keep getting more and more stuff that I love!
I can't believe I've already been subscribed for 4 months, with my 5th box soon on the way. This box has made me wear jewelry more often and also helped me be more confident in expressing myself by trying new things.  It really is a joy every months to see what Vixx has picked out this time.


I can't believe I've already been subscribed for 4 months, with my 5th box soon on the way. This box has made me wear jewelry more often and also helped me be more confident in expressing myself by trying new things.  It really is a joy every month to see what Vixx has picked out this time, and this month was no exception.

I didn't take an individual picture of the nail polish as it was one I already got and review, so go here if you'd like to see it!

BeautyTreats Green Tea Facial Mask


This month's makeup item isn't exactly makeup but instead a beauty product.  This is the first time I've gotten something like this, its a green tea facial mask.  I LOOOVE moisturizing masks like these and use them whenever I get my hands on one, so I was definitely pumped to see this in the box. 

Bat Sticker

This month's random goodie was another bat sticker.  I definitely liked the last one better as it was a bit 3D and sparkly but this one is cute too! I actually really hope I get a bat necklace or earrings in a future box.

Strange Omens Pumpkin Pin

This month also included a little handmade goodie from Strange Omens.  It is a clay disk inside a bottle cap with an engraved and painted pumpkin on the outside. Not 100% sure what I'll be doing with this but if nothing else it will make a cute addition to my book bag when Halloween roles around next year.
This little pin also came with a 10% off coupon for the website.

Red Scarf


Up until now all the accessories I've gotten have been clips, either for my hair or for my bag.  I was SO EXCITED to see this beautiful dark red scarf sitting on the top of my box when I opened it up.  I love scarfs and have been trying to collect more solid colored ones to wear with patterned tops.  Also I did not own a red scarf so this was absolutely perfect.  I've worn it twice now and Its just so lovely.


It is made of a warmer material so it is definitely a fall/winter scarf.  It is also pretty short, which is what I prefer.  I hate super long scarfs as they tend to get in my way when I'm working in the lab.

Beaded Bracelet


The first jewelry item this month was a handmade beaded bracelet.  Vixx had posted on facebook that she had a ton of beads and was planning on making things so I was expecting something like this.  This is the first time I've received a bracelet and...not going to lie I just don't wear them often. Whether I'm doing research in the lab or typing on my computer they tend to just get in my way, but for a bit I was determined to make it work.


That was until I happened to just hold it up to my neck and fell in love with the way it looked.....so alas it is no longer a bracelet.  I turned it into a choker length necklace because my goodness it just look so stunning, and to be honest...makes me feel like a princess.  This will be perfect for days I'm feeling a bit more girly!

Filigree Gem Earrings



The second jewelry item I received was definitely something unique.  I got these gorgeous stud backed decorative earrings.  They have a beautiful swirly metal design to them with a faceted white gem in the middle.  They feel so vintage and classy, I just love them.  Things like these are the reason I'm such a huge fan of this subscription box.  I don't think I'd personally buy something like this but after seeing them and trying them on, I just adore them.


I think these also go very nicely with the red scarf. 
I've actually been working on making some jewelry displays to keep my jewelry organized since because of this box I have so much more than a few pieces now!

Fancy Paperie Raven and Rose Victorian Stationery Letter Set




The special item this month was a mini set of stationary from the company Fancy Paperie.  This is a really really cute idea and the artwork is so gorgeous. Unfortunately my handwriting is absolutely terrible so I am so afraid to deface the beautiful artwork with my atrocious scribbling. But as I say in my unboxing video, these look nice enough to frame, they're so lovely.  Maybe I can write really slowly and carefully with a pencil and then ink over it so that I can actually use these and make someone's day! :)


And for anyone interested here is the business card with all the info included!

Did you like what you got in your Black Box this month?

Want to watch me unbox it?







No comments:

Post a Comment