Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Art: Dark Warrior Princess

So I bought Clip Studio Paint like....months ago....and I finally had a bit of time to sit down and play with it.  And by time I mean I'm pushing off the work I should be doing tonight and doing it tomorrow instead. Anyway this program is AMAZING.  Up until now I've been using Photoshop 7 and let me tell you, this has so many more options and tools and features....its just perfect for anyone who wants to do digital drawing. However there are still so many tools and features that I have no idea how to use.  


So here is the finished piece.  I suppose she is a warrior princess? She ended up looking darker than i envisioned as the drawing progressed so I made her a bit dark looking to fit the path the image was taking.  I honestly feel like my biggest wall is just trying to think of what to draw. I always just start drawing a face and depending on how that face looks, I turn it into a character and with a theme that fits it. Overall his was fun to do and I'm definitely more familiar with the program now.  It is probably going to take a lot of pictures and a lot of Youtube tutorial watching to master it.


Here is the original sketch I posted on my Instagram.  I put this picture into the program and inked and colored it from there.  If anyone is interested I'm using a 4 year old Wacom Intuos 4 tablet. It may even be older than 4 years old, I've had this baby forever and its never let me down.


And then I kind of had a sudden shock of artistic motivation and decided to attempt a full body pic with a background.  I'm actually pretty impressed with how it came out.  Something I absolutely adore is the 3D modeling abilities this program comes with.  I was able to move around a model until I had a pose similar to this that I could use as my reference to make sure all my anatomy and perspective was correct.
I also messed around with the background preset images to create this wasteland sunset thing.
Special thanks to Tonight We Ride by Unleash The Archers for the background inspiration.
Overall I am honestly very pleased with this.  I think for now I've reached my artistic limit.  I know there are things that I could possibly do to make this better but I just don't have the skill and experience yet to know what those things are.




No comments:

Post a Comment